Montag, 31. August 2015

About first steps in painting miniatures

Hi to all of you,

recently my wife told me that she would like to paint a miniatures.... I was stunned... you want what? Yes, I got it right... she decided to give it a try.... ok, thats cool I thought. Normally she isn´t into painting miniatures. She always said that it is to small for her and that she is not patient enough and actually she has her own hobbies she spends her time with. Like sewing or playing piano. 

Ok, so then let´s start.... She decided to make a small gift for Roman from Massive Voodoo that she handed over to him during my private practice course back in July. She chose a miniature from the Sedition Wars board game to give it a try and with some help and hints from my side she painted her first miniature and this is the result:






Not bad for a first time miniature! Or what do you think? Especially this fancy strawberry canon is out of this world... I think this happens when women start to paint fearsome Science Fiction monsters....

Ok, but thats not all. Somehow the spark flew over and it was not hard to convince her to paint a second miniature (actually she decided on her own). As all of the miniatures and busts that are living in my drawers where either not to her likening or she did not dare to paint them as she thought that her skills are not sufficient enough to paint them (her words... not mine... I would allow her to paint any of it!) I bought some new one... hehe...

We decided to give the new Scale 75 miniatures a try. You can read a review about it here.

And I can tell you: She did very well. For her second miniature I am very impressed.... Much smoother blending and colour transitions...




And what shall I tell you... Her third miniature is already on the desk...


And when we are talking about first miniatures I think it is right in time to show you my very first miniature. I can´t really remember how old I was but I think it was when I was twelve or thirteen:


That´s it for today! Stay tuned for more and get to your brushes
Scar

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen