Mittwoch, 23. September 2015

Sha´un - Ram Tribe Warrior - Project Diary part 2

Hi all, 

welcome to the second part of my project diary on how to paint the Sha´un Ram Tribe Warrior. You can find the first part here.

Day 7 (July 13th) -  Starting the armor


This step I was really reluctant to start with as I´m not a hero when it comes to painting metal parts. But nobody gets better by shying away from a task... with time and patient I will go my way. I´m quite sure....

So let´s start with the armor. I decided to use the airbrush for the first layers. Therefore I covered all non armor parts with masking putty from pk-pro. A really cool stuff I just can recommend. 

Masking putty on all the non-armor parts to avoid an overspray

Samstag, 12. September 2015

Sha´un - Ram Tribe Warrior - Project Diary part 1

Hi,

the last weeks and days I worked on a bigger project - the Sha´un Ram Tribe Warrior from Forged Monkey. It is a really cool bust - full of character and the promise of painting joy. It is my first real big project after my private practice course with Roman. On this piece I tried to digest all the things I learned. I also tried to make a lot of pictures to document the single steps for the blog. 

From older projects I learned that it is hard to keep record of all the things one does during such an enormous painting process. In retrospective it is always difficult to write an how-to article when you finished the project several weeks ago. Therefore I decided to try a new kind of post: 

Project Diary

I tried to sit down after each painting session (or at least not to long after) to keep record of what I did. So, here it is, my first Project Diary! Be aware that it is a really long article. Therefore I decided to split it into two parts and here is part one.

Mittwoch, 9. September 2015

Sha´un - Ram Tribe Warrior


Hello all together,

today it is time to show you the finished pictures of my latest bigger project. This one took me quite a while and it was the first big project after my private practice coaching. I tried to transfer all the things I have learned to this bust and I´m quite happy with the outcome. It is not perfect but it never will be...

I also prepared a big work in progress article for this one which I will post in the following days. In fact it was so huge in the end that I decided to do a diary out of it. Luckily I protocoled it quite good.  I also had the chance to test my new camera. As I´m not very familiar with photography it took me quite a while to good some descent pictures. But I think I found some good settings in the end. So expect a better picture quality here at Howling Wolves in the future. Maybe not for every post but at least for everything where I show some finished projects. Wip shots are much easier to make with my mobile phone...